Custom Shaped Wire is produced to exacting cross-sectional dimensions. These shaped profiles minimize or eliminate costly machining by being net, or near net, in shape. The rolled and shaped wire reduces your scrap costs and can be supplied in continuous coil form or cut to length. Our shaped wire is available in hundreds of alloys and can be produced to specific physical properties.
With over 40 years of shaped wire experience, we’ve produced thousands of uniquely shaped wire items. Our skilled staff of engineers and metallurgists assist in the design and development of the best shaped wire product for your application.
- Continuous Coils
- Close Dimensional Tolerances
- No Burr
- Intricate Specialty and Custom Edges
- Achieve Specific Tensile/Yield/Temper Range Requirements
- State of the Art, In-House Tooling Facility
- In-Process Gauge and Measurement
- Stainless Steels
- Nickel Alloys
- Cobalt Alloys
- Titanium Alloys
- Copper and Copper Alloys
- Carbon Steel
- Aluminum Alloys
- Special Metals
- Gauge Range: 0.005” to 0.335″ (0.120mm to 8.509mm)
- Width Range: 0.035” to 1.50” (0.89mm to 38.46mm)
- Our Team reviews the operating requirements and end use of your wire product.
- We assist and guide you in development of the best profile wire product for the lowest total cost.
- The cross section is then approved from print and tooling is developed for a trial run.
- The wire is then tested for size and shape requirements and well as physical property requirements.
- The trial order is sent to you in either coil or cut to length for your approval.
Rolling Process for Shaped Wire